Monday, June 14, 2010

In my cave






Sitting in my cave, a-squat and at peace, I think of Daniel Ellsberg's advice to Henry Kissinger in the documentary The Most Dangerous Man in America:

"Henry, you're about to get a lot of clearances higher than top secret that you did not know existed. That's gonna have a sequence of effects on you.

First a great exhilaration for getting all this amazing information that you didn't know even existed. And the next phase is you'll feel like a fool for not having known of any of this.

But that won't last long.

Very soon you'll come to think that everyone else is foolish.
What would this expert be telling me if he knew what I knew?

So in the end you stop listening to them."

Great advice.
With information comes responsibility and power - or/and corruption and lies. Just take a pick.

On SVT Play until the 30th of June.

No comments: