Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Here be monsters









Pictures from Domenico Gnoli's Bestiaro Moderno o Cos' è un mostro (1968).

This is my laziest blog post to date, since all my images (but one) stem from the same blog post. If I encourage you all to visit the now inactive Giornale Nuovo, maybe I'll be spared an eternity in blog hell?

I love inspiration from the world of bestiaries, especially now after the discovery of of cryptozoology. - An illustrator in the realm of Edward Gorey, Lewis Carroll and Piero Fornasetti is a treat. - The Latin meaning of monster is to warn. The monster is not what you warn for, the monster is the warning for worse things to come. - These images remind me of this book that I crave since years back. - The images ties the blushingly pink world of map dragons together with the black and white of this blog.

See?
I had to do it.

(The images link to their original locations.)

No comments: